Friday, June 24, 2005

some history

When I was very young, I was very happy. I had great parents, the world seemed like a wonderful place, and I thought I could do anything. (All those things are still true, but they do not tell the whole story.) At the age of 9 I became aware that people were starving in the world. And there are wars and torture and all kinds of other injustice. I decided to devote my life to doing whatever I could to change this. Maybe I can't make a big difference, but I can make some difference. I believe that we should all try to do the most good we can.

By the age of 12 I realized that most people think they already have the answers, and that they are already doing everything they can. Yet their answers oppose and contradict each other. So I decided, at age 12, to spend my life trying to find the real best answers. Then the next generation would be able to make use of them. Ah, I was so naive. I still am.

Fast forward. I am now 36 (37 in a couple of weeks). When other people were concentrating on their careers and relationships, I was concentrating on ideas and finding answers. I have now found answers that satisfy me. So what do I do? Spend the rest of my life promoting them? Spend the rest of my life arguing with others who disagree? Spend the rest of my life concentrating on making money and improving my personal relationships - areas I have greatly neglected? I will leave my plans for another day, but for now a Blog seems like a good idea. Arguing takes too long, and relationships rely on understanding. Hopefully a Blog will let me say what I want, and maybe others will understand me, and all in just a few minutes a day. Hey, it's worth a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home