Saturday, August 06, 2005

our governments are good

From the BBC yesterday: "The prime minister said he was prepared to amend human rights laws" to deport people who "visit particular bookshops and websites."

Yesterday, on PM, a government minister said that "free speech" will have limits. She said it on the radio, but it was so uncontroversial that it wasn't printed anywhere.

It's the same in America. Peaceful protest makes you a potential terrorist. And you know how our governments treat people they link with "terrorism" - lock them up without charging and without any trial and torture them.

I used to think "this could never happen to me" but I now know from personal experience (I can't give details) that it can happen to anyone.

And that is why I say our governments are good. Whatever they say and do is fair and just. If they tell us to hate Al Qaeda, I will hate Al Qaeda. If they say we should bomb our enemies in Iraq, then we should bomb them. I agree with everything they say and do. It is dangerous not to.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hellmut said...

Very funny!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home