Tuesday, July 26, 2005

who creates the terror (continued)

At the time of the bombs, the media reported how people were going about their business as normal. Compared with other horrible deaths (cancer, road accidents, etc.) bombing is a very low risk. But governments need to feel important, and newspapers need to make sales, so we are continually blasted with the words "terror!" "terror!" "terror!"

This may become a self fulfilling prophecy. According to the right wing British "Daily Telegraph," some people ARE starting to get nervous. And the story has been picked up by the New York Times. No doubt others will follow. The bombers create a small number of tragic deaths, but government and media create the terror.

I have been trying to use mainstream media for all my news, but I may start looking elsewhere - I don't want manufactured news and I don't want to support the terrorists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home