Saturday, August 27, 2005

completely off topic

In another life, I read the Fantastic Four comic. (The movie was OK, by the way, not great but pretty good all things considered.) I don't like the fighting, but the optimism and ideas can be wonderful. Well, my favorite character is a little known creature called Lockjaw. It seems that nobody has made him a web site, despite some fanboy retcon controversy a few years ago (is he just a dog? Can he speak?) So I did some research and here's the result. Look, I told you it was of-topic :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Hellmut said...

Cool puppy. I found it somewhat disconcerting, however, that Lockjaw is stronger than the Thing. I always thought only the Hulk is stronger than the Thing.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Chris Tolworthy said...

The strength issue is a bit more complicated than that. :) Lockjaw's greatest strength is in his jaws, and in the early days the Thing was not as strong as today. Also, the Thing doesn't want to hurt Lockjaw, so might hold back. But finally, in the ever expanding Marvel Universe (which currently licenses over four thousand brand name characters), there are about fifty different characters who are stronger than the Thing. But the Thing can still win due to greater experience and endurance. Besides, we read his comics for his personality, not for his raw power. :)

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home